Monday, March 2, 2009

FU Turns 26

I feel that I have to bring my readers up to date with the fast moving events of FU's life. I am now 26. Sure, this could have been predicted given the Earth's reliable 365 day orbit and humanity's long-standing history of aging, however birthdays catch me off guard nearly every year. The result is that I enter a mini-existential crisis that lasts for about 12-24 hours where I contemplate humanity's struggle against beast, as well as our race's collective struggle against imminent death. And this year was no different. However, this year I came away more confident than ever that I am winning.

Let me expound. Every day that we wake up alive and healthy on this planet should be a good one. But every day that we wake up without going to work is about as close to the sun as we can fly without our wings melting, and I make this flight every day. And on Friday, that flight took me to the neighborhood liquor store where I bought eight 40s and three lottery tickets to celebrate my birfday. As I walked back through the housing projects that lie between my apartment and the liquor store, I contemplated my haul as well as the fact that I am unemployed and not paying taxes at the current moment, and realized my ability to transcend cultures. I truly am a man of the people, all people. And that's a great realization on your birthday.

I'll have a few more posts up today touching upon random happenings.

Adieu-

Forever Unemployed

No comments:

Post a Comment