Thursday, February 26, 2009

Having Sex with a Corpse--is it that wrong?

During a typical, late afternoon brainstorming session, which usually entails monitoring my beard growth in the mirror and contemplating whether or not I should shave it, my mind wondered to a story that has been unfolding in Cincinnati about a morgue worker who was tried and found guilty of having sex with corpses.

I had been following the story for some time, but really only through the daily headlines, so my knowledge of the case was sparse to say the least. I started thinking that, although grotesque and utterly repulsive, society really isn't threatened by this man. Couldn't we just put him in a job where there are no corpses, say, not the morgue? I started building my defense while in the shower after said beard monitoring. I should note here that I have a tendency to take the unpopular side of explosive issues. My impassioned defense of Michael Vick has cost me several friendships as well as caused me to lose the business of at least one client in my previous job. I have, at various times in my life, argued that more guns on the streets would be a good thing--and once I extended this argument to include the need to overthrow the government sooner rather than later. I campaigned vigorously for women's suffrage until I found out it was the right to vote. And in college I once took the side of the Hutus when debating the Rwandan genocide in a class on East Africa. I regret that one.

So anyway as I sat down and came up with my eye catching title, I figured I should get some of the details of this case before heroically defending this man. And I am mortified. This link breaks down the amount of dead sex he was having. I will probably side with the rest of society on this one. How this has escaped the national spotlight I have no idea. Although, once Forever Unemployed shines his spotlight of truth on a subject, national uproar is soon to follow. (Stay strong OJ! I'll figure something out...)

In other news, FU just got wireless capabilities which has dramatically increased his comfort while attending his blog duties. And, tomorrow FU turns 26. While this means very little in the grand scheme of things, there is a decent chance he could be inebriated in the AM and might not manage a post. I will see what I can do.

As always, stay strong America-

Forever Unemployed

No comments:

Post a Comment