Tuesday, February 17, 2009

FU is Eating an Orange, Otherwise Not Much Else Going On

Today has passed almost entirely without incident, which is to say, it has been phenomenal. I finished off the green bean casserole that I made yesterday, which took two turns in the microwave in order to achieve a suitable temperature for consumption. That took three minutes. I have also gone to the mail twice, but have come back empty-handed both times. I'm eager to go back a third time, but am waiting for the right moment.

In other news, during an earlier conversation with my aunt who works for an airline, she told me she was concerned that if she got laid off she would never want to look for work again. It wasn't that the job search frightened her, it was that she simply doesn't want to work anymore. Talk about someone getting me. Sometimes she calls just to hear about how little I am doing. While talking with the rest of my family I have to keep up appearances of a job search. I have another aunt who regularly calls me to let me know that she is praying for me to find a job. (God might want to take care of some other things first....say, Africa).

My apathy towards a job search is starting to become ridiculously transparent and I am quickly running out of ways to change the subject when talking with kin. When I tried to respond to my mom's question about what jobs I had been looking at, I got the sense that she knew I was lying to her, but would rather not acknowledge it; much like when I was 15 and she caught me just after smoking a cigarette and I tried to tell her I had been burning toilet paper to cover up a fart. (I had my back up against a wall and that was the best I could come up with). So I figured tomorrow I should check out the job boards so I can come up with some material and avoid alienating myself from my family. But don't worry America, I won't apply to anything.

Back to lounging-

Forever Unemployed

No comments:

Post a Comment