Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yesterday Was Actually Wednesday

Mea culpa. In yesterday's post, a thrilling exploration of how often I shower, I closed with a note on how it was Tuesday. By no means did I intend to discourage those working readers by making the week seem even longer than it already was. Work itself is discouraging enough. Sadly enough, at the time of writing I actually believed it was Tuesday.

Sadder still is that after the arrival of not one but two Netflix movies in the post yesterday, I took them over to a friend's house and left them there last night. When I realized what happened this morning I was so incensed I could have strangled a puppy. It's a rainy day and a perfect excuse to watch movies all day. Now what am I supposed to do? I really don't have any other choice but to put on Norah Jones, curl up in a ball, and wallow in self-pity. What must I have done to anger the gods so!

The only thing that is keeping me going at this point is the hope that this forlorn day might open up a window to an emotional rainbow and a whole palette of feelings which I can splash on this canvas allowing you to gain a better understanding of a truly complex and bewildering being--me. But for right now I am only one color....blue.

Come back to me Netflix, come back to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment