Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lots of Activity and Movie Watching

Yesterday and today both brought a whirlwind of activity for FU. I made it to the gym for the first time in about a month yesterday, and was so spent I had to immediately watch a movie afterward to recharge my batteries. Having reestablished my operational equilibrium, I managed to actively mill around the apartment for the rest of the day.

After a frozen pasta dinner and watching five hours of college hockey on television, I plugged in my alarm clock for the first time since late 2008. While I have really been enjoying sleeping in every morning, I figured if I could get up earlier I would be able to enjoy an extra hour or two of not working. However, the snooze button, always an Achilles heel of mine, continued to be an irresistible temptation, and this morning it got pounded like it was in the 15th round of a Rocky movie. After an hour or so snoozing I did manage to get up around 9:30 and then mailed off a Netflix movie.

The activity continues! Because I then went outside of the apartment (again!) for lunch with an old coworker. She informed me that she would be leaving her job sometime in late summer and that since we had similar backgrounds I would be a viable candidate as her replacement if I was interested. Clearly, she is not a regular reader. I said thanks but no thanks. She paid the bill, we made out, then she went back to work and I to my couch. Again, feeling particularly spent after so much activity, I must now watch a movie to prepare myself for tomorrow.

And as for most of you, we're almost to Wednesday, hump day. For me, it's just another day in paradise.

Forever Unemployed

No comments:

Post a Comment