Friday, February 13, 2009

FU Sleeps Past Noon

The lives of history's great men all contain one moment, one event that marked their metamorphasis from ordinary to extraordinary. This afternoon, my moment came to me. Caesar crossed the Rubicon, Washington the Delaware, Einstein explained relativity, Edison invented the light bulb, Michelangelo completed the Sistine Chapel, and today, I slept in past noon. I haven't done that since college and for several years I didn't think I ever would again, but today, just a few weeks shy of 26, I managed to slumber past the sun's zenith.

This historic day immediately called for recognition and around 12:57 I established that today would be a "day of rest." Usually reserved for Sundays, Tuesdays, or any day where inclement weather threatens, I will not leave the apartment today or change out of sweatpants. Only frozen food or leftovers will be consumed. No cleaning, straightening, or organizing of things in my apartment will be attempted. Showering is simply unthinkable.

The writing of this blog borders on violating kosher, but posterity demanded it. Like all of the revolutionary moments mentioned earlier, this one can not be accurately appreciated or described at the time of its occurrence. Only the passage of time will allow future generations to put this into proper context, but I think it is fair to say that no conversation of aviation's most pivotal moments could take place without including Armstrong's stepping foot on the moon, Lindbergh's transatlantic voyage, the Wright Brother's first flight, and Forever Unemployed's PM wake up. This event simply transcends humanity.

Every General has a Colonel, every Batman a Robin, and FU has his roommate who thankfully picked up last night's tab AND it should be noted, slept past 10:00 this morning. While still an AM wake up and by no means mentionable when compared to my accomplishments, it is still worth noting simply because he has a job for which he was incredibly late this morning.

I must get back to resting, but I congratulate everyone on suffering through another week of work. Leisure awaits me-

Forever Unemployed

No comments:

Post a Comment